Dell KACE K1000 Systems Management Appliance ExpressGet free, easy-to-use Windows systems IT inventory management
The Dell KACE K1000 Systems Management Appliance Express (K1000 Express) is an introductory version of the award-winning K1000 Systems Management Appliance. The K1000 Express is available exclusively to existing Dell customers. The K1000 Express is an inventory-focused software solution that manages systems that run Windows, including laptops, desktops, servers and tablets. This no-charge version is simple to install and can be easily upgraded to the full K1000 management appliance when additional features are desired.
Designed to save you time and save your organization money, the K1000 Express is typically installed in one day and delivers near-term results at a low total cost. Unlike traditional software approaches which require costly, complex and timeconsuming implementation, training and maintenance, the K1000 Express delivers a fully integrated solution in a plug-and-play virtual form factor. It is based on an extremely flexible and intelligent purpose-built architecture that enables it to be both quickly deployed and continually self-maintaining.
Inventory solution for Windows systems
The K1000 Express manages systems that run Windows on x86 and x64 microprocessors. The K1000 Express enables you to easily determine system hardware and software inventory, assess Intel vPro readiness, apply Dell BIOS updates and manage Dell system warranties. The K1000 Express is optimized to manage Dell Windows systems, but will also manage Windows systems from other hardware manufacturers – even tablets – at no additional charge. Key Dell systems management advantages include Dell BIOS and driver updates without cumbersome searches, and access to Intel vPro readiness.
Easy to upgrade
Designed to be easy to upgrade to the comprehensive virtual appliance, the simple entry of a new license key will unlock all the features of the full K1000 Systems Management Appliance, while maintaining all of the data and settings created using the K1000 Express.
- Enables device discovery and inventory of all hardware and software network-wide, via agentbased software
- Enables patch discovery and inventory for installed Windows operating systems and many applications
- Allows for easy administration from any device via a 100 percent webbased console
- Upgrades easily to the full K1000 management appliance
- Delivers a fully integrated solution in a plug-and-play virtual form factor
The intuitive tabbed Web-based console empowers IT administrators of all levels, from junior to advanced.
* Requires secure connection for full K1000 functionality. Not available in all regions. Please check availability with your local Dell representative.
- Inventory – Auto discovers network-wide software and hardware configurations through managed agents for the most complete computer inventory possible
- Reporting – Provides more than 60 built-in reports and wizard-based reporting tools to easily generate routine and ad-hoc reports for a 360-degree view of your IT environment
- Dashboard – Features a dashboard with a number of charts that display important summary information about hardware and software inventory, Dell warranty and Dell updates for easy viewing of critical information
Additional benefits for Dell systems: K1000 Express provides additional management capabilities specifically for Dell computers, including the ability to inventory, report, and renew Dell warranties, and the ability to inventory, report upon and deploy Dell BIOS and driver updates for even easier management.
- Deployment – Downloadable, virtual appliance can be easily deployed to existing VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V environments within minutes enabling you to get started quickly
- Maintenance – The hardened and self-healing appliance with built-in backup ensures both security and low cost to maintain, without dedicated support staff
- Upgrade – Easy, in-place upgrade allows K1000 Express customers to easily transition to a full K1000 Systems Management Appliance and unlock more features, such as multi-OS support, patching, help desk, software distribution, and more without the need to redeploy the solution and while maintaining all inventory data and settings.
Available as a software-only virtual appliance, the K1000 Express offers the following capabilities:
- Device discovery and inventory of all hardware and software network-wide, via agent-based technology
- Patch discovery and inventory for installed Windows operating systems and many applications
- Basic reporting capabilities and real time management dashboards
- The ability to download and install Dell driver updates
- The ability to download and install Dell BIOS updates
- Reporting and management of Dell system warranties
- Assess Intel vPro readiness on systems
- Access to application deployment best practices via an exclusive feed from the ITNinja.com community
The K1000 Express provides simple and secure systems administration via any web-enabled device–PC, tablet or mobile phone.
- Comprehensive search capabilities across the entire K1000 knowledge base
- 100 percent web-based console allows for easy administration from any webenabled device
The K1000 Express provides Dell customers with the ability to experience a few popular functions of the full K1000 appliance. Its virtual appliance form factor means it can be installed anywhere, while still retaining the ability to move it to a new environment as your organization’s needs change. The software is compatible with both VMware ESX and Microsoft Hyper-V, providing a variety of virtualization platforms for implementation.
The K1000 Express supports 32-bit and 64-bit architectures where applicable running these operating systems:
Host System Requirements
K1000 Express can be installed on host systems that meet the following requirements.
|Host System Requirements|
|Processor||Four or more vCPUs|
|Network Interface||One Ethernet Port|
|Available Disk Space||500 GB|
|Server and Operating System||64-bit|
|Virtualization Infrastructure Requirements||
System Requirements for Managed Devices
K1000 Express can be used to manage Dell devices that meet the following operating system requirements. For additional specifications, see the operating system vendor’s documentation. The appliance imposes no additional requirements, and supports 32-bit and 64-bit architectures where applicable.
- Windows 8.1 (Professional, Enterprise)
- Windows 8 (Professional, Enterprise)
- Windows 7 (Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate)
- Windows Vista (Business, Enterprise, Ultimate)
- Windows XP SP3 – latest (Professional, Tablet PC Edition, Media Center Edition)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (Foundation, Essentials, Standard*, Datacenter*)
- Windows Server 2012 (Foundation, Essentials, Standard*, Datacenter*)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (Web Edition, Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition, Datacenter Edition, HPC Edition)
- Windows Server 2008 (Web Edition, Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition, Datacenter Edition, HPC Edition)
- Windows Server 2003 SP1 or later (Web Edition, Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition, Datacenter Edition)
*Cannot be running in Server Core mode
Browser Requirements for the Web-Based User Interfaces
To access the K1000 Express Administrator Console and User Console web-based user interfaces, use a monitor with a screen resolution of at least 1280 pixels by 800 pixels and one of the following web browser applications.
- Internet Explorer 8.x or later
- Firefox 20.x or later
- Safari 5.x or later
- Chrome 38.x or later