Virtualization TechnologiesLeveraging Sophisticated Capabilities in Straightforward Ways
The popularity of virtualization is increasing rapidly, and organizations of all sizes are utilizing various forms of virtualization to maximize hardware investments, reduce energy costs, increase configuration flexibility and streamline application deployment. Still, the options and application of virtualization are varied, and the many ways the technology can be implemented and the subsequent need to manage it can become overly sophisticated, confusing and costly.
Dell KACE assists organizations embrace the real return offered by virtualization by delivering systems management solutions that take advantage of important uses of virtualization technology. Each approach provides unique systems management capabilities combined with the flexibility, resource conservation and cost savings that virtualization promises.
Dell KACE Virtual Appliances
For those who have deployed a virtual infrastructure, Dell KACE offers its appliances in virtual models, the Dell KACE VK 2000 Virtual Deployment Appliance and the Dell KACE VK1000 Management Appliance. The VK Appliances eliminate the need for dedicated hardware, while delivering all of the comprehensive, easy-to-use and affordable features and capabilities of their physical counterparts. VK Appliances can be deployed on VMware Infrastructure, and because of their virtual nature, they are intrinsically:
- Affordable, allowing organizations to easily control the amount of hardware dedicated to each appliance and the ability to run multiple VK Appliance instances without additional cost
- Scalable, because they can be rapidly provisioned, reconfigured and moved
- Easy to support, because upgrades include all appliance components
Virtual Machine Management
To maximize hardware utilization and reduce energy demands, server virtualization is becoming main stream for organizations of all sizes. The growing number of mixed physical and virtual machine environments has exacerbated existing management challenges, including systems deployment, hardware and software inventory, asset management, patch management, license compliance, administration and security. Dell KACE Appliances provide the integrated functionality to simplify these systems management tasks in mixed virtual and physical environments including:
- Virtual machine deployment via disk imaging and scripted installation
- Resetting and re-provisioning virtual machines via disk imaging
- Virtual machine discovery and inventory with computer inventory scanning and assessment
- Security vulnerability assessment and remediation via patch management
- Accuracy and security with software distribution and configuration and policy management
- License compliance via K1000 asset management