Date: 12/2/2014, Round Rock, Texas
- Comprehensive capabilities and rapid time to value drive customer adoption
- Customers herald top 10 reasons for choosing KACE to simplify complex systems management, mitigate endpoint security risk and lower IT overhead cost
Dell today announced that more than 10,000 customers around the world now rely on the award-winning family of Dell KACE Systems Management solutions to simplify systems management, mitigate security risks, decrease IT administration costs, and drive bottom-line business success. The Dell KACE K1000 Management Appliance enables customers to manage their entire infrastructure, improve security and meet compliance requirements while the Dell KACE K2000 Deployment Appliance addresses their OS deployment needs, including system imaging, OS and application provisioning, migration and recovery.
"Dell KACE systems management solutions have an extremely fast-growing and loyal base of customers who appreciate how easily and affordably they can simplify critical systems management and improve endpoint security," said David Kloba, general manager for Endpoint Systems Management at Dell Software. "In our most recent customer satisfaction survey, 81 percent of those companies that evaluate ROI report their KACE appliance paid for itself within three months."
In honor of reaching its 10,000th customer milestone, Dell has compiled the top 10 reasons organizations worldwide choose Dell KACE for their system lifecycle management needs:
No.1: Streamline software distribution, patching and updates
- Bio-PAPPEL, Mexico’s largest paper manufacturer, uses Dell KACE to remotely manage 1,900 workstations and services while saving $60,000 a year by eliminating travel to 40 sites. With automated software distribution, the company completes 200 software installs in an hour; previously only 10 installs could be completed in that timeframe.
No.2: Unify IT asset discovery, inventory, management and reporting
- Marne & Gondoire, a county authority in France supporting 18 cities, relies on Dell KACE’s comprehensive set of tools to improve control of its desktop infrastructure by offering a simple way to maintain records on devices and software inventory, while automating many manual tasks.
No. 3: Accelerate system deployments and migrations
- 1859 Historic Hotels, a management company that operates 11 independent hotels and resorts in Texas, Colorado, Virginia and Kentucky, relies on KACE systems management appliances to reduce system deployment time by 87 percent.
No.4: Safeguard critical endpoints from potential security risks
- Amerijet International, a full-service, multi-modal transportation and logistics company, uses Dell KACE and SonicWALL to fortify endpoint and network security, respectively. "During a recent security audit, we proved how well KACE and SonicWALL work together when in five minutes we were able to identify a potential security issue and address it immediately," said Jennifer Torlone, senior director, Technology and Information Services, Amerijet Holdings, Inc.
No.5: Deliver increased BYOD support
- Södertörn University, located near Sweden’s capital of Stockholm, provides 13,000 students and 850 staff with access to an ever-increasing array of university-owned PCs and Macs, as well as personally owned devices as part of a growing BYOD trend.
No. 6: Improve software asset management and license compliance
- SEGA Europe, based in the United Kingdom, takes advantage of 90 pre-configured reports and smart labels to ease software allocation and license management. "Within 30 seconds, I have details on the software installed on each computer, who it belongs to and the status of licenses or warranties," said Luis de Mendonca, IT manager, SEGA Europe. "Our software audits take minutes rather than hours."
No. 7: Better prepare for the "Internet of Things"
- Southeast Alabama Medical Center has embraced Dell KACE K1000’s agentless technology, which gives them an alternative for inventorying devices where they don’t or can’t install an agent, such as vital servers, systems and radiology stations.
No.8: Ensure adherence to industry regulations and standards
- Green Clinic Health System in Louisiana has streamlined data security and HIPAA compliance to safeguard its doctors from being exposed to the risk of financial penalties.
No. 9: Improve help desk support
- Locks Law, a leading personal injury law firm based in Philadelphia, set up a professional service desk with Dell KACE, enabling accelerated resolution time, improved service quality and reduced support costs of 75 percent.
No. 10: Enable IT to focus on strategic business initiatives
- REDMONDIS AG & Co. KG, one of the world’s largest water and recycling service companies based in Lünen, Germany, automates domain rollouts and software patches to 350 locations. IT staffers now can spend more time working on innovative projects to support business growth and help drive new energy efficiencies.